Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Project: Life

Sometimes there just isn't a lot to post about on the home remodeling front.  Sometimes life is paramount and by life I mean birthday parties, sick babies, crappy weather, and laundry.  There have been behind the scenes negotiations between husband and wife about combining the 2 blogs for simplicity sake.  Some seasons of my life require all my energy and time and little is left to worry about paint colors and which way the toilet should face.  Here is a few pictures of my life in the past month.


My Noah turned 8 last month.  He constantly impresses and surprises the pants off his parents.  We love him and wish we had 4 more just like him.


At our house, when you turn 8, it means we plan another big day for the baptism.  Lots of family, lots of food.  All Noah wanted for his birthday this year was a black "sweater" for church.  "You know the kind with the secret pockets..."  He wears his new suit coat proudly every week to church.


And here we have Mikael.  Doing what she does best - playing "office".  And since my office is right off my front door, I have lots of explaining to do when guests come knocking.  She can have my desk cleared off and on to the floor in about 2.5 seconds.  Don't even get me started on what she can do with a basket of folded laundry.  This baby was sick this month.  Throwing up and diarrea for 7 straight days.  I felt horrible for her but thought I was going to lose my mind.  Thankfully, an antibiotic took care of whatever was causing it.  But it has literally taken weeks to get my house and life clean and back in order.  Sort of.


Jace did manage to get a few house projects done without me this past month.  Fixing steps, repairing sheet rock, moving toilets, and installing our new/permanent appliances.  And have I explained the turquoise table in the middle of the kitchen?  It is obviously a temporary island.  It covers and semi hides the water and electric pipes coming up out of the concrete floor.  One day a custom island will replace our turquoise table.  Soon I hope.  We literally eat 75% of our meals here.  It is quite comical trying to fit all 6 of us around it.


And while I love the look of my new stove, I'm sorry to say my other stove worked better.  Dang it.  I have almost burned the house down 3 times and melted the babies high chair tray.  The front control touch screen is sensitive.  And I don't think I have ever mentioned my finished concrete countertops on the blog.  For $180, we are pleased with the result.  We learned a lot and we are enjoying them.  Now, I just need to make up my mind on back splash tile and find a better hiding spot for the microwave.


My new counter depth fridge.  Can't say it enough.  If you are contemplating spending the extra cash for one - do it.  I can't believe how much nicer this fridge looks, than my older fridge that was regular depth and stuck out like a sore thumb.


And wait I lied.  I did do one decorating project.  It took me 3 weeks to get Jace to cut and then trim it to the right size but I'm loving the cork board in my black ikea frame.

Spring break is around the corner.  I have told Jace we are headed to the valley with or without him.  Hopefully with.  4 kids are much easier to manage with him.  I am ready for a break from this wind (and snow storms!) and my dirty house.  I need a trip to Ikea and Target.  Thats all I ask for and a little sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. There you are! I have been waiting and waiting. Your stove looks lovely! As does the fridge. I quite enjoy my fridge too. What did we do before that? Your house is always lovely and I would actually be thrilled if you combined the two blogs but whatever :) I am coming down tomorrow. Can we hang?

    ReplyDelete