This is what progress looks like:
We have been working so hard. We have torn SO much out of the house. And apparently you have to have money to put stuff back in....so the plan here is this:
1. Salvage the cabinets (loose sleep over a paint color)
2. Stain concrete floors (save 1,000s of dollars)
3. decide to paint the house ourselves (insert Lindsay crying and more mula saved)
4. Jace begins painting the upstairs on a hot humid Friday
5. upstairs paint starts "sweating"
6. call and schedule painters for next week
7. buy Ezra some shoes he'll wear
8. put toilet paper back in the only working bathroom
And 9. kiss that Jace for being such a hard worker and never being scared of a little (or a lot) of paint
It's going to be great. This house will be so great for us.
This is what I repeat to myself many times a day. We are in the thick of it right now. The part where we swear to ourselves we will never do this again.